Here are the up to date processes and procedures that we will be following for our classes at Salesian School under the COVID-19 government guidelines. These will be amended as government guidelines change and we will inform you of any significant changes.
Information for Classes at Salesian College
Salesian College, Highfield Road, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8BX
Before you arrive:
- Firstly, the health and safety of all our gymnasts and coaches is our highest priority, therefore if your child is displaying any of the following symptoms you must not bring them to the class:
- A High Temperature (Greater than 37.9oC)
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- Please make sure your child is ready in their gym kit before they arrive as there will not be any changing facilities available.
- Only bring a water bottle that is clearly marked with your child’s name. Any items left without names will be disposed of after the session.
- Do not bring any additional personal items with you.
- If your child has long hair please ensure that it is tied up before they arrive as we will not be providing hair ties for the time being.
- If your child cannot remove earrings please make sure that these have tape covering them before they arrive. (Either a plaster or micropore tape)
- PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CHILD HAS BEEN TO THE TOILET BEFORE THEY ARRIVE. There will be toilets for the gymnasts to use, however we want to minimise the use of this facility as much as possible.
- There will been an assigned COVID-19 supervisor who will be responsible for ensuring all the guidelines and procedures are adhered to for the safety and wellbeing of all the gymnasts and coaches.
- There will be one door for the gymnasts to enter the gym and one for them to exit. These will be clearly marked.
- The gymnasts must line up OUTSIDE the gym a couple of minutes before their class starts (maintaining social distancing at all times). This will be clearly marked.
- Parents will not be allowed in the gym
- Every gymnast will have their temperature taken using a non-contact thermometer before they are allowed to enter the gym. This will take place outside and parents MUST remain in the car park until their child has had their temperature taken and gone into the gym. Any gymnast with a temperature greater than 37.9oC will be considered to have a high temperature and WILL NOT be allowed to enter the gym. In this circumstance, if your child displays a high temperature, you will have to take them straight home and follow the current government guidelines about showing symptoms for COVID-19.
- After the gymnasts have had their temperature taken they will have to sanitise their hands as they enter the gym.
During the class:
- Parents are welcome to remain on the school grounds while the class takes place, however you must follow social distancing from members of other households. Please can we kindly ask that you do not stand near the hall as we need to keep this area clear at all times.
- Gymnasts will remain in their group with their assigned coach for the duration of the class. Each group will always remain a minimum of 2 meters apart.
- Social distancing will be maintained and there will be no physical contact between gymnasts or between the gymnasts and their assigned coach.
- As the coaches are unable to have contact with the gymnasts under the current government guidelines, the classes will be adapted accordingly to minimise the risk of injury. Therefore the main focus will be on the breakdowns of various skills along with strength and flexibility exercises which can be safely achieved without coach support. This will remain in place until social distancing measures are removed.
- Windows and doors will remain open where it is safe to do so to improve ventilation.
- There will be regular cleaning of equipment and sanitiser will be available in the gym for the gymnasts and coaches to use.
- Masks will not be worn by gymnasts or coaches during the class due to the restrictions it poses on breathing when exercising.
- In the event of an accident the COVID-19 Supervisor will be responsible for administering first aid. When any first aid is administered PPE Kit will be worn for protection.
What happens if a gymnast starts to develop symptoms?
- The gymnast will be taken to the isolation area by the COVID-19 supervisor, away from the other gymnasts and coaches. This will be clearly marked and will be a well ventilated area.
- The parents will be contacted and asked to collect their child immediately.
- The parents will be advised to follow the government guidelines about showing symptoms for COVID-19. The gymnast will not be able to return to the gym until they have been tested and followed the guidance set out by the NHS.
- Gymnasts will be brought out of the gym in their groups by the coaches.
- Gymnasts will sanitise their hands as they exit the gym.
- Parents please stand well clear of the exit so that gymnasts can be brought out safely and social distancing can be maintained while gymnasts leave the class.
- The gymnasts will then be dismissed to parents
- Please make sure you are on time to collect your child to help the coaches make this a smooth process.
WE MUST ALL RESPECT THE GUIDELINES SET OUT BY THE GOVERNMENT AS WELL AS SALESIAN SCHOOL, THEREFORE PLEASE HELP SUPPORT US BY FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES ABOVE AND WE HOPE THAT YOUR CHILD WILL ENJOY A WELCOME RETURN TO EXCEL